Inland Pacific Ballet is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, and several Fontana residents will be contributing to the celebration by performing in the group's widely-praised production of "The Nutcracker."
The show will be presented at Lewis Family Playhouse at Victoria Gardens on weekends from Nov. 30 to Dec. 8.
This ballet features beautiful sets (including falling snow and an antique sleigh), dazzling costumes, and more than 80 local area young dancers on stage (with a cast of professional dancers and a cast of children with ages starting at 6 years old).
Children dancers (between the ages of 6-17) perform as Bon Bons, Mice, Toy Soldiers, Candy Canes, Gingerbread Cookies, and Party Scenes; Academy Apprentice Dancers are the Ballet Corp, Snowflakes, Icicles, Dolls, Party Scenes; and IPB Company Dancers star in major roles.
Returning this year are IPB Principal Dancer Reece Taylor and Principal Character Artist Brandon J, both residents of Fontana.
• Taylor, who began his training as a dancer at Fontana A.B. Miller High School, has recently performed as Young Carrier in "Phantom" and Mr. Mistoffelees in "CATS" at Candlelight Pavilion Dinner Theater in Claremont.
• Brandon J has been with IPB since 2007 and is also the founder and artistic director of ENVY Dance Company, a contemporary hip hop performing group.
Additional Fontana performers in "The Nutcracker" are IPB Academy Apprentices Jadyn Jennex and Greta Zimmermann and three children dancers, Joanna Davis, Vivienne Gibbs, and Lorne Jennex.
This annual holiday production tells the story of a young girl named Clara who receives a magical nutcracker doll on Christmas Eve and sets out on a wondrous journey to the Land of the Snow and the Kingdom of Sweets.
----- "THE NUTCRACKER" will be presented at Lewis Family Playhouse, 12505 Cultural Center Drive in Rancho Cucamonga on the following days and times:
• Saturday, Nov. 30 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 1 at 2 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 6 at 7:30 p.m. ("The Nutty Nutcracker")
• Saturday, Dec. 7 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m.
Additional shows will be at the Fox Performing Arts Center in Riverside on Dec. 13-15 and Bridges Auditorium in Claremont on Dec. 20-22.
Tickets start at $25, and senior/child/group discounts are available. For more information, visit IPBALLET.org.