Throughout December, the Rialto Police Department has conducted several undercover sting operations to catch holiday bandits and porch pirates in Rialto.
During one 10-day period, 12 suspects were arrested on theft charges.
"The police department is working hard to apprehend the criminals responsible for these crimes and reminds the public to not make it easy for holiday thieves," the Rialto P.D. said in a Facebook post.
Here are seven things persons can do to lessen their chances of being a victim:
1) Don’t leave packages out for a prolonged period of time.
2) Have someone available to receive packages -- neighbors, etc.
3) Select a window for delivery when someone is likely to be home.
4) Track your packages, so you know when they will be delivered.
5) Have a home surveillance camera and in a location visible from the street.
6) Pick up your package at a store if possible.
7) Request a signature.