San Bernardino County 5th District Supervisor Joe Baca, Jr. will be hosting a “Community Conversation on COVID-19” on Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m.
This is a virtual community town hall aimed at sharing key information surrounding the vaccine roll-out in the county.
Residents of Baca’s district (which includes the eastern area of Fontana) are welcome to attend the event either through Facebook Live, YouTube Live or via a phone conference line. The event is also available in Spanish using a Spanish-specific telephone link. The town hall will also allow for submitted questions during the event.
The "Community Conversation on COVID-19" will feature industry professionals Dr. Sharon Wang, an infectious disease specialist from Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC), County Public Health Director Corwin Porter, and County Assistant Executive Officer Diana Alexander -- all of whom will provide expert, up-to-date information to participants.
Baca will moderate the conversation covering the following topics:
• Vaccine myth busting
• Expert medical advice regarding the benefits and potential side effects of the vaccine
• Resources available to learn more about vaccines
• How and when to schedule an appointment for the vaccine
• How the county is focusing on helping hard-to-reach and diverse populations
There are three ways to participate in the Community Conversation on COVID-19 town hall:
• Via Facebook Live: @SupervisorBacaJr
• Via YouTube Live: https://tinyurl.com/bacajr
• Via telephone in English: (669) 900-9128; Meeting ID - 824 5205 1039
• Via telephone in Spanish: (609) 663-4744