Fontana and surrounding areas will be drenched with rain on Wednesday, Nov. 27 and Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28, according to the National Weather Service.
A flash flood watch has been declared for those two days, and more than half an inch of rain is possible. Motorists are urged to be very cautious.
Here is the forecast:
Wednesday, Nov. 27 -- Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 52. South wind around 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Wednesday night -- Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11 p.m. Low around 46. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28 -- Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 49. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Thursday night -- Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
Friday, Nov. 29 -- A chance of showers, mainly before 5 p.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Friday night -- A slight chance of showers before 11 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Saturday, Nov. 30 -- A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
----- LOCAL residents are urged to be prepared for the storm.
If needed, sandbags are available at the Fontana Public Works Department, 16489 Orange Way, Monday through Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, call (909) 350-6760.
The following San Bernardino County fire stations are offering sandbags and sand Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.:
• Fire Station 71, located at 16980 Arrow Boulevard; phone (909) 829-4471 (sandbags only)
• Fire Station 72, located at 15380 San Bernardino Avenue; phone (909) 829-4441
• Fire Station 73, located at 14360 Arrow Boulevard; phone (909) 822-6053 (sandbags only)
• Fire Station 74, located at 11500 Live Oak Avenue; phone (909) 355-1098
• Fire Station 77, located at 17459 Slover Avenue; phone (909) 428-7596
• Fire Station 78, located at 7110 Citrus Avenue; phone (909) 350-1470
• Fire Station 79, located at 5075 Coyote Canyon Road; phone (909) 463-3998 (sandbags only).
For more information about resources available to Fontana residents, visit ReadyFontana.org.