Four boys' basketball teams from Fontana have qualified for the CIF playoffs.
All of the local teams will compete in the first round of the tournament on Wednesday, Feb. 12.
• In the 3AA Division, Fontana A.B. Miller High School, the Mountain Valley League champion, will play at home vs. Newbury Park, the No. 3 team from the Marmonte League.
• Also in the 3AA Division, Kaiser (which tied Summit and Bloomington for the Sunkist League title) will have a home game against Glendale, the No. 3 team from the Pacific League.
• In the 4AA Division, Summit will play at home against Elsinore, the Sunbelt No. 3 squad.
• In the 4A Division, Jurupa Hills, which came in second place in the San Andreas League, will have a home game against Rubidoux, the No. 4 representative from the Mountain Valley League.
----- MEANWHILE, THREE GIRLS' BASKETBALL TEAMS from Fontana will also be participating in the CIF playoffs.
All of the following games will be on Thursday, Feb. 13:
• In the 2A Division, Summit, the Sunkist League champion, will play at home against Leuzinger.
• In the 4A Division, Kaiser, the No. 3 Sunkist team, will travel to No. 1-seeded Notre Dame of Sherman Oaks.
• Also in the 4A Division, Jurupa Hills, the No. 3 team from the San Andreas League, will trek to St. Monica Academy.
----- IN BOYS' SOCCER:
Three Fontana schools will have games in the first round of the CIF on Wednesday, Feb. 12:
• Fontana (Sunkist No. 1, 13-7-2 record) will be at home vs. Oak Hills (Mojave River No. 2, 14-2-4).
• Kaiser (Sunkist No. 2, 13-5-5) will travel to Rancho Cucamonga (Baseline No. 1, 16-3-2).
• Jurupa Hills (San Andreas No. 2, 9-6-3) will journey to La Canada (Rio Hondo No. 1, 16-2-3).
----- IN GIRLS' WATER POLO:
• Fontana repeated as the San Andreas League champion with a 10-0 record and an 18-7 mark overall. The Steelers will play Tuesday, Feb. 11 against Burbank at the Fontana Park Aquatic Center in the opening round of the Division 6 playoffs.
• Summit (9-3), which took second place in the San Andreas League, will face Nordhoff at the Fontana Park Aquatic Center in the Division 7 opener on Wednesday, Feb. 12.